Tornado's everywhere..... or at least that's what the weather people were reporting today... like almost ALL day..... This morning I had a job interview over in Mobile... So to get there I get to take the I-10 and cross the bay...
It's normally a beautiful drive (we'll I've technically only done it twice), but today it was awful! I had just gotten on the I-10 ... basically the point of no return, headed to my job interview this morning, when the radio announcement said we were under a tornado warning... I was like, do i stop? Keep going? I know you're supposed to take cover, but a long long flat bridge, doesn't provide much in the way of protection..... No one else on the road seemed too concerned so I just kept going..... It's really neat once you get to the city of Mobile, instead of weaving around downtown like most interstates do, the I-10 goes right under it! It's kinda neat if you ask me... and
good protection from a Tornado...... So the interview today went well I think... It was more of just an informative meeting, and a nice tour of the units. Again, the people there were exceptionally nice.. It must be the whole "southern hospitality" thing... Tomorrow I have two more interviews. One of the hospitals is a Catholic based facility ,and the other is really close to the beach... like its surrounded by PALM TREES! I already told Shaun our next Christmas tree will be a mini-palm! I can't wait.. I also want my very own palm tree to put on my patio... However, I'm unsure if you could keep one in a pot?? While I'm on the subject of gardening does anyone know if Knockout Roses can live in a semi-tropical environment? I really would like to plant a few around my patio..... ANYWAYS.... so after my interview, I was getting ready to leave and we were under another Tornado Warning! I should have stayed at the hospital till it passed, but the cable man was coming to install cable today, and I couldn't miss him. If Shaun had to go another day with the "welfare 8" he would have DIED..... Needless to say , I'm writing this now so you know I made it home safe and sound... and Toby survived the storms as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a message,& tell me whatcha think!