Some of you from back home have asked how the job hunt is going... so I figured I'd just let everyone know at once... Yesterday (Tues) I had an interview for a shift administrator position, I did this at Clark for a while prn so I'm fairly comfortable with the duties. This hospital however, is only licensed for 50beds, and usually runs with 35 of them occupied.... what the #$%@? Is what I was thinking at first, 35 beds???? After talking to the DON there, I find myself becoming more intrigued with the position. Yes they are much smaller than what I'm used to, but I would get to be more hands on in more departments here. The interview lady said I would get to directly participate in the care of patients in the ER, OR, PEDS, ICU (all 4 beds ha!) and L&D..... So even though this facility is small I feel I could learn a lot about different nursing departments, and learn some new skills..... Everyone there was very nice, and went out of their way to introduce themselves. Another pro on this facility is it would be Tue, Wed, Thur, day shift..... I would love that, since Shaun will be working Mon-Fri..... Overall, I feel it was a great interview, and the lady said I should hear something by the end of this week, or 1st thing next week...... So maybe say a lil prayer for me..... :O)........ I have 2 other interview/tours lined up as well... On Thursday I am meeting with the nurse manager at Spring Hill Medical Center, this position would be for day shift doing open heart recovery, or general ICU. We did a phone interview about 2 weeks ago, and she said I could pick which department, and which shift I would want...... On Friday I have an interview at Providence Hospital. This position is for Medical ICU, its day shift as well..... So hopefully out of these 3 I can land a job LOL....... I have filled out so many applications, and I'm just now starting to hear back from people, I'm having a hard time remembering and keeping the jobs straight when they call me for an interview..... I'll let you all know how they went! Maybe soon I'll be J Hornung RN again! :O)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a message,& tell me whatcha think!