We're making progress on the list! NOT a whole lot of progress, but still some... and some is better than none. So a realtor came yesterday to gather info about the house.... she's going to come back next Monday to sign a contract. So that's progress on item one (CHECK!). After spending hours and hours apartment hunting and reading endless reviews online we finally filled out an application.... the lady said we'd find out tomorrow if we were approved.... I couldn't imagine NOT getting approved for an apartment.. but I guess we'll have to wait and see. List item two (CHECK!) The one we finally settled on looks really nice, and they will accept our Toby. Finding a place to accept our "small lazy pup" was no small feat. Most of these apartments in the south have both weight and breed restrictions. So when you mention you have a beagle, they immediately say "Oh a beagle.. no problem at all" that is until I mention that he's no normal beagle.. Toby is what one would call 'BIG-BONED'... he's the size of a small horse... no really... he is! This particular complex also has garages. That makes Shaun feel better. Orginally we thought we were going to have to rent a storage unit to keep his motorcycle, and tools. Who wants to have to drive to a storage unit, to ride their motorcycle? Also, since we have an attached garage, we have guaranteed close parking in our semi driveway..... So with our apartment semi-secured.... I was on to the job hunt. I had filled out numerous applications online, the Thursday before New Years, and I heard back from one yesterday. The manager of the ICU should be calling me tomorrow to do a phone interview. This makes me feel better, I know I should have no problem getting a job but it calms my anxiety knowing I at least have one interview lined up.List item three(semi CHECK!) And lastly on the list was to tell friends and family. Everyone knows now, and some are sad, but in general everyone is really excited and can't wait to come visit us at the beach. I'd welcome all these visitors no problem but sleeping arraignments might be difficult, as our apartment is only 1 bedroom.... I'd love to get a bigger apartment, but they are expensive and we still have a mortgage to pay until the house sells. His company gives housing allowance for a while, but once that runs out... it's all us... and I don't want to take on more expenses than we can comfortably afford. So for now.... we'll keep our fingers crossed that our application is approved, and my phone interview goes okay. Tomorrow the moving companies come to do estimates... we'll see how that goes..Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Making a list.. and checking it twice...
We're making progress on the list! NOT a whole lot of progress, but still some... and some is better than none. So a realtor came yesterday to gather info about the house.... she's going to come back next Monday to sign a contract. So that's progress on item one (CHECK!). After spending hours and hours apartment hunting and reading endless reviews online we finally filled out an application.... the lady said we'd find out tomorrow if we were approved.... I couldn't imagine NOT getting approved for an apartment.. but I guess we'll have to wait and see. List item two (CHECK!) The one we finally settled on looks really nice, and they will accept our Toby. Finding a place to accept our "small lazy pup" was no small feat. Most of these apartments in the south have both weight and breed restrictions. So when you mention you have a beagle, they immediately say "Oh a beagle.. no problem at all" that is until I mention that he's no normal beagle.. Toby is what one would call 'BIG-BONED'... he's the size of a small horse... no really... he is! This particular complex also has garages. That makes Shaun feel better. Orginally we thought we were going to have to rent a storage unit to keep his motorcycle, and tools. Who wants to have to drive to a storage unit, to ride their motorcycle? Also, since we have an attached garage, we have guaranteed close parking in our semi driveway..... So with our apartment semi-secured.... I was on to the job hunt. I had filled out numerous applications online, the Thursday before New Years, and I heard back from one yesterday. The manager of the ICU should be calling me tomorrow to do a phone interview. This makes me feel better, I know I should have no problem getting a job but it calms my anxiety knowing I at least have one interview lined up.List item three(semi CHECK!) And lastly on the list was to tell friends and family. Everyone knows now, and some are sad, but in general everyone is really excited and can't wait to come visit us at the beach. I'd welcome all these visitors no problem but sleeping arraignments might be difficult, as our apartment is only 1 bedroom.... I'd love to get a bigger apartment, but they are expensive and we still have a mortgage to pay until the house sells. His company gives housing allowance for a while, but once that runs out... it's all us... and I don't want to take on more expenses than we can comfortably afford. So for now.... we'll keep our fingers crossed that our application is approved, and my phone interview goes okay. Tomorrow the moving companies come to do estimates... we'll see how that goes..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
new blog!!! :D and you're moving!! :(
ReplyDelete