Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year New Beginnings

Today we got the news that we had been waiting for.  Shaun got his start date at his new job. Starting a new job isn't so overwhelming except for the fact that it is in Mobile, AL.... a whole 10+ hours away from home.... or at least what is "known" as home for now..... So the date is JANUARY 23RD.... which leaves us little more than 3 weeks to:
                        1)LIST OUR HOUSE FOR SALE
                        2)GET QUOTES FROM MOVERS
                        3) TELL OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY
                        4) FIND ME A JOB
                        5) FIND A NEW PLACE TO LIVE


So looking at that list, I feel a mild case of ANXIETY coming on! I feel like there is so much to do and so little time to get it all accomplished.  However, I also feel everything happens for a reason, and we are never given more than we can handle. Even though that sometimes doesn't seem true.  With all the things that happened to me in 2011, I feel I am the strongest I have ever been. So instead of fearing these changes, I have decided instead to embrace them. The item on the list that stresses me the most is FINDING ME A JOB! I was a little proactive anticipating this move and did apply/obtain my Alabama nursing license. At least I'm technically "eligible" for employment now. For today, I am simply going to relax and take in the fact that in a little over 3 weeks I have unlimited new potential.   I am welcoming a new city, new friends, and new opportunities with arms wide open. So if you chose, follow along, and take this monumental journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message,& tell me whatcha think!