Sunday, February 5, 2012

Gulf Shores & Steamed Shrimp



This weekend was a wet but fun one.  On Saturday, we drove down to Gulf Shores.  It was really cloudy and even spit a few rain drops here and there.  We mainly just walked around and took in the sights....We went to the pier, where lots of people were fishing... I told Shaun we need to get some fishing poles.... but I don't know how my ol' bobber fishing skills would do in the ocean.....



The waves were pretty big in Gulf Shores, which made both of us want Surf Boards really really bad! It could have just been the weather, but if the surf is that good most of the time I think we'll be buying some boards in the near future..   After looking around we were gonna go to the "Floridabama" bar but they were having a huge Chili Cook Off, and the crowd was a little too old for our liking.... We ended up going to this bar/restaurant across the street, and it was really good.  We had steamed shrimp and it was so good! So good in fact, that we stopped on the way home at the local fresh seafood market and bought some more for dinner.   Cooking fresh shrimp was something new for me.  I'm used to the frozen variety that is already peeled and deveined.  Anywho after I got the hang of ripping their little legs off and cracking that shell it went pretty smoothly..... Sunday (today) was  a lazy day full of errands and Toby time.   We took Toby to the dog park again today. It was funny because these two female dogs were kind of fighting with each other, growling and such...Toby would stand back and watch then run up and let out a howl, then run off again... The other lady said "Toby, is like the kid on the playground yelling fight fight fight" It was funny to see how he was acting....That's about all the excitement here this weekend, hope everyone at home has had a good weekend as well.  And..... GO GIANTS!

And tomorrow, is sort of my 1st day employed!!! I go for my drug test/ hippa/orientation stuff... I think I'll get my schedule too, and find out where I can buy my new scrubs...... So anyone back home interested I may have a bunch of prints I can't wear anymore....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message,& tell me whatcha think!