SORRY!! It's been a lil while since I wrote last. Things here have been GREAT! Shaun and I have been doing and seeing so many exciting things. We have found 3 lil pubs around town, that are a lot of fun to just relax and have a drink or two.. or 3 or 4 while listening to some great music. The first one is an IRISH bar, which I'm predicting will be our temporary residence on St.Patty's day...
It's a tiny hole in the wall, but the people there are great!
ASIDE from pubs and bars our little towns have tons of little shops and mom&pop restaurants to explore, I went walking around town the other day and snapped a few pictures.
This is the tomato lady! She has a mobile farmers market, It seems that EVERYTHING is always in season around here. (I know your jealous of my tomatoes momma!) :O)The weather has been a lot like the weather at home lately, RAINY! The temps have been warm mainly in the 65-70 range, but boy has it been WET! I'm soo ready for the sunshine and the heat! Hopefully, It's sunny this weekend and Shaun and I can go to the beach...... maybe just sit by the water and relax!.
In other news, our house closing got pushed back a week :O( stupid VA loans.. Their trying to schedule closing for next week now, so keep your fingers crossed.... :O)
I have now officially completed 2 weeks at my new job... I think I'm really going to like it there, the people remind me so much of my coworkers at Clark.. Everyone is very friendly and helpful! I even have made 2 new friends, Jennifer and Ashley.. They are both nurses with me, and about my age. Seems were going to be having a lot of fun this summer because their both beach girls.. Every day at lunch they add to my "places to see/eat/drink list" It's getting to be pretty long, so I'm sure Shaun and I will be pretty busy exploring....
I also have FINALLY found some running trails!! I was soo excited the other day when I FINALLY came across them. I have been trying to run on the road but it is SO BORING! These trails are like 5 miles from the house, and they are PERFECTLY SAFE! (so no worries on your part momma!)
Its actually a Frisbee Golf course, so its always full of people, but the sign says trail runners welcome... So I look forward to getting my running legs back!
Besides bars, shops, restaurants, and trails... I have also discovered DOGGY DAY CARE! It is amazing... Living in this apartment kind of sucks for Toby. He's used to a big backyard that he can play and run around in. Lately, I have been taking him to the Dog Park, which he loves, because its like 2 acres fenced in and full of dogs for him to compete with for the perfect pee marking on a tree.
He loves the park, and its not uncommon for there to be like 15 dogs in the afternoons.... BUT on a rainy day (like every day lately) whats a girl to do with a bored dog in a little apartment.... .. After a little asking around, that's when I discovered 'Go Play Pet Service', basically its a doggie day care. They have a very large facility, and it's 1/2 indoors and 1/2 outdoors. You basically drop your dog off, along with their vet records, and they get to run with other dogs and play all day until you pick them up, the best part is its CHEAP, or at least I think so.
You can even watch the web cam from your home or cellphone to check in on your dog though out the day... Toby went on Monday for a few hours, and seemed to love it! Once we got home, he slept all evening....
On another note, please say a prayer for the fallen Coast Guard members in Tuesday nights helicopter crash in Mobile Bay, a lot of the people in this area are Coast Guard members stationed here, so it hit home for a lot of people, as of today they have one body left to recover from the water.
Well, that's all the updating for now. Hope everyone at home is doing well.... and I'll be thinking of you! We are coming home at the end of March for Travis, and Shaun's wedding, So I look forward to seeing everyone then...... :O)











No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a message,& tell me whatcha think!